2017 Washington DC Trip Information
The time is almost here! Many of you attended the meeting so you are prepared and ready to go! For those of you who missed the meeting, below you will find all the information that you need.
Departure date: Monday 04/03/2017
Tour Start date: Tuesday 04/04/2017
Return date: Saturday 04/08/2017
Meet at Alaska Airlines Terminal on departure day at 6:00 pm
- Please park and walk your student to the check-in counter. You will find a chaperone there waiting for you!
- Pack some snacks that they carry in their backpack. We arrive in DC at 5am – and the tour begins!
- Dress warm, as planes are cold, and as soon as we arrive we begin our walking tours. Please note that the students will not be allowed to gather their luggage until the evening, when they return to their hotel, so please pack gloves, scarfs, beanies in their carryon bags/backpacks.
- Electronics are fine for the airport, plane rides and hotel. Please note that cell phones are not allowed in the monuments or while we are on turn.
- You bring it, you carry it!
- Baggage allowances
- Fees for checked bags (check with your airline as fees vary)
- Visit TSA.gov for information on restricted items
- Bring $25 to your chaperone in cash for the return check-in
Please note that your students will be responsible for any charges in the rooms, which includes broken items, phone charges & movies cannot be ordered.
- Arlington Court Suites
1200 North Courthouse Rd
Arlington, VA 22201
- Wyndham Gettysburg
95 Presidential Circle
Gettysburg, PA 17325
- Best Western King of Prussia
127 South Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
WHAT TO PACK:
- Sweatshirt/jacket/rain gear
- Airport dress – avoid belts, wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off. What you wear to the airport is what you will wear the whole 1st day of our tour.
- Casual dress is great! Must be school appropriate at all times.
- Alarm clock and watch
- Chargers for phones
- Bathroom bag (shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- Medications and copies of prescriptions (in your carry-on bag)
- Cell phones
- Students will be allowed to use their cell phones in the evening to call home and they will be allowed to carry them for safety reasons, however, if they are on them when asked not to be, they will be confiscated.
- Phone numbers of all chaperones will be provided before departure.
- IPads and/or laptops are allowed in the airport, on the plane and in the hotel (please note that we have no way of monitoring what they watch)
- Pack snacks for your students (no liquids) for the overnight flight.
- Pack snacks for your students that could last for a couple of days. The kids get hungry after dinner in their hotel room. Students are not allowed to leave their room once we check in every evening. (granola bars, fruit bites, fruit roll ups, crackers, chips, sandwich, etc.)
- Breakfast is pre-paid and always at the hotel. Basic continental breakfast AND a minimum of 2 HOT dishes (French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc.)
- Dinner is pre-paid and typically at a restaurant.
- Lunch is the only meal that is not paid for. We stop at food courts and students are able to pick from a variety of foods. Students will need approximately $10 per day.
- There are lots of places to buy souvenirs. We will stop and visit a “bargain” shopping area that has tons of hats, shirts, etc…that are cheaper.
- We do not recommend you sending large bills with your student.
- Chaperones are NOT responsible for holding money for students.
2018 Washington DC Trip Information
An email was sent on March 16, 2017 regarding the 2018 trip. Please contact Ms. Lemus if you did not receive an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
April 18, 2017:
Parent Meeting @ 6pm to go over the trip, the application, the selection and the payment process.
April 21, 2017:
Application and Essay are due by 3pm to Ms. Lemus. No late entries will be accepted. Students will be notified of acceptance on the last week of April.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Tang @ ext. 5014 or email@example.com