Enrollment at San Jose Charter Academy is open to all students entering TK-8. Enrollment Applications to be placed on our waiting list can be picked up at our main office, Monday through Friday, from 7:30a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Students do not need to live within the West Covina Unified School District boundary to attend our school. All applications submitted for grade levels (1st - 8th) will be placed on a waiting list.
Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten Only
All Kindergarten students seeking entry must apply and be selected through a public lottery. Applications may be attained in the months of January and February of the same calendar year students will commence school. Kindergarten lottery takes place in MARCH of each year and parents are notified immediately of acceptance.
- Students born on or before September 1, 2015
- First day to pick up application in main office: Tuesday - January 6, 2020*
- Last day to return application to main office: Friday - February 28, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.*
- 2019 Kindergarten Lottery: will take place on Wednesday - March 11, 2020 at 9:00 AM in the elementary cafeteria.*
Please note that applications will not be handed out any sooner than, 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 7, 2020* and absolutely no late applications will be accepted after 3:30 p.m. on February 28, 2020*.
Application and all required paperwork must be submitted for your application to be considered complete and eligible for lottery.
*dates subject to change
2020 - 2021 TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN
- Students born between September 2, 2015 and December 2, 2015 can apply for our Transitional Kindergarten program the same way as listed above.
- If a student is selected in the school lottery and their birthday falls between this window, they will automatically be placed in the Transitional Kindergarten Program.
- Our Transitional Kindergarten Program runs Monday - Friday from 8:45 am to 3:15 pm
- This year SJCA will be accepting applications from both inside and outside the West Covina School District. During the lottery, applications received from inside WCUSD will receive a weighted ratio of 2:1.
- Charter School Act requires West Covina Unified School District residents to be granted priority in the SJCA lottery. To be given priority in the lottery, please include a utility bill with your application if your zip code is 91790, 91791 or 91744. Please note that not all addresses containing these zip codes are designated as WCUSD residents and SJCA will verify residency for all applicants prior to the lottery taking place.
- SJCA is an extended year program. School is in session from August through June. Vacations planned during this period of time will result with student being removed from school.
- Only one application per child will be accepted. Multiple applications for the same child may result in ineligibility for the lottery.