8th Grade Promotion
While Los Angeles County remains in Tier 1 (Widespread Community Transmission) on the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, schools must remain closed to in-person instruction with the exception of limited specialized services and assessments for high need students.
Department of Public Health with support and guidance from the Board of Supervisors is offering a waiver opportunity whereby schools may bring back students only in grades TK - 2 upon approval by Public Health. The waiver is NOT automatically granted and no school may reopen for full TK – 2 in classroom instruction until Public Health has communicated approval.
We are currently brainstorming ideas on how to celebrate our Class of 2021. Please join our parent committee to assist in the planning!
December 03, 2020: Targeted Safe at Home Order
It also prohibits all gatherings, public or private, of more than one household except for faith-based services and protests. All travel, including travel on foot, bicycle, scooter, motorcycle, automobile or public transit is also prohibited by the order.
- Boys must wear dress pants (khakis are fine) or black jeans and a collared shirt; jackets are optional.
- Girls are to wear a dress or nice pant outfit. (Girls may wear summer dresses that would be appropriate for an afternoon party. Strapless or one strap dresses are inappropriate for a Junior High ceremony).
- Dresses with “spaghetti straps” or off-the-shoulder styles or halter-tops, should be worn with a jacket and necklines should not be low-cut (shawls are not acceptable replacements for a jacket).
- Please, no tuxedos or semi-formal dresses.
- Blue jeans, shorts and sweat pants are not to be worn.
- Students are asked to wear clean, neat clothes to the Eighth Grade Promotion and Dance. Clothing is expected to conform to the SJCA Dress Code with the exception that young ladies may wear dresses with shoulder straps provided they are appropriate.
- Core Subject
- Core Value
- Student of the Year
- Principal Honor Roll (4.0 – 8th-grade year)
- Presidential Award (4.0 – 6th thru 8th grade)
- Attendance Award (K-8)