San Jose Charter Academy is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children’s health, well being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity under a Coordinated School Health Program. It is the intent of SJCA that:
- SJCA will engage students, parents, teachers, food service professionals, health professional, and other interested community members in developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing nutrition, health, wellness and physical activity policies.
- All students in grades TK-8 will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis.
- SJCA will provide nutrition education and physical education to foster lifelong habits of healthy programs, and related community services.
- SJCA will provide a safe and healthy school environment that ensures that students and adults are physically and emotionally safe.
- The wellness policy will be evaluated on an ongoing basis to measure the implementation and effectiveness of the policy.
The Wellness Policy focuses in 4 key areas:
- School Environment
- Nutrition & Nutrition Education
- Physical Education & Activity
- Community & Staff Involvement
To view our updated School Wellness Policy, click on the PDF.
For ideas on how to support healthy celebrations & healthy fundraisers click below:
For ideas on healthy snacks you can provide your child with for school, read below!